Thursday, April 4, 2013

Bigger life callings

Do you ever sit and think about what kind of callings you might get in your ward? Well I do- or did ALL the time. I did so much that it actually gave me anxiety. The one calling I have always FEARED I would be called to- I got called to. Ha call it chance, or maybe it was really meant to be. During the week I was called as the Gospel Doctrine teacher I was so extremely stressed about school and life in general. I thought that there was no way I could possibly have ANOTHER thing to worry and stress about. To put it frankly I was terrified and frustrated all in one. After crying for 2 days straight, and feeling sorry for myself I had the prompting to pull out my patriarchal blessing. As I read it I just felt like it was meant to be whether I wanted to do it or not. In my blessing, it mentions how I will be a teacher in the church, that I would teach children, youth, and even adults. I now truly believe that this is one of my callings in life.


After many priesthood blessings, from my hero of a husband, I finally was beginning to feel at peace. Then as I began to prepare my lesson I had a undeniably strong sense of fulfillment. I have never felt it this strong in my life. I was sincerely studying and praying (of which I have been horrible at the last few months), and I learned SO much as I prepared my lesson. 


On the Day I taught, I woke up and felt prepared and ready to go. The nerves didn't set in until we pulled up to the church, and even after I had begun teaching my lesson I felt like I had been doing it for years, and my thoughts and lesson flowed seamlessly. I know that Heavenly father has a divine purpose for each of us, I understand callings come and go, but I now truly believe that this was meant for me, right now, during this period in my life. I wouldn't have it any other way. During iffy times like these I am so grateful for Colt. His testimony is so strong and rock solid. He is the most amazing example to me, and is willing to help me with anything that I don't understand, or am confused by. I have never known someone so eager to serve the Lord! 

Colt on a recent fishing trip (picture courtesy of Marshall :) )

I am most definitely not perfect, and have a long ways to go but I know that everything I do is for a reason. I am so thankful and grateful that my parents raised me in a loving home, where the gospel teachings were our core principles. I am also grateful that Colt was raised in a similar upbringing. It has contributed in making us who we are today. There are times throughout life where we loose the real perspective. It is times like getting called to be the Gospel Doctrine teacher that really humble us. I hope that I can teach sufficiently but I do know that I am learning more than anyone, I am so grateful now for this wonderful opportunity to serve the Lord. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh girl you are awesome! I could never be the Gospel Doctrine teacher. That would scare me to death. I bet you will do awesome! :)
    I miss our chats while working at the hospital. miss you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for you post, I needed that. I bet your lessons are really great because of your happy spirit you carry around with you!(I know you prepared too, but it's refreshing to have a positive person)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an amazing example to me..... I am so proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete