Thursday, October 9, 2014

3 Years

It feels like yesterday when I was getting ready for a blind date thinking I was never going to do it again, because I had my fair share of AWEFUL blind dates- little did I know that was the very last blind date I would EVER go on again! And let me tell ya I struck gold! :) I am so grateful Colton mustered up the courage to call and ask me out! I remember thinking on our date that this guy was the most sincere person I had ever met. Colt had a kindness that radiated from him, I could tell he truly cared about what I was telling him, I had never seen a man show that much interest in me before! I wrote in my journal that night after he took me home, and it said something like this: "This Colton is different than any guy I have ever gone out with, I would be lucky to find and marry a man like him! In the 3 short hours of our date he had a way of making me feel so good about myself, and who I am. I would love for him to ask me out again, but I know it is a long shot- he is way out of my league! Whoever he ends up with is a lucky lady and will be treated like a queen. THAT is the kind of man I want to marry someday." I never in my wildest dreams thought Colton Cox would call me just two days later to ask me on another date! I am so so happy he did! Here we are 3 years later- celebrating our anniversary! I truly am the luckiest girl alive. Now nobody's life is perfect, we have our fair share of struggles, and trials- but let me tell you without Colton there is no way I would be the person I am today. He is ALWAYS there to give me a warm hug, and lift me up when I am down. He still listens to me talk and talk and never makes me feel what I have to say is unimportant. I can be utterly CRAZY sometimes- but he rolls with the punches, and I am forever grateful for that. Most importantly he is a worthy priesthood holder. Whenever I need a blessing I can call on his priesthood power for peace and comfort. He is the biggest blessing in my life. So to celebrate three years of marriage with this man here's a look back in time :)

Our first Pic!




San Fransisco

China Town



Engagements :) 

Engagement FAIL HAHA

October 7th 2011 sealed for time and all eternity!

BEST day of my life!






2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to both of you!!!Loved your looking back pictures. You look so happy in all of them! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!! A few days late anyway... You guys are great and I miss spending my weekends with you! It's been a year since I moved and got to see you almost everyday. That makes me so sad. I miss you! I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete