Monday, April 15, 2013

Donor Awareness Month

 April is Donor Awareness Month! As I look at how organ donation has effected me and my family today, I couldn't help but want to dedicate a blog post towards it! It has changed my life FOREVER. With my Dad being a 5 organ transplant recipient, has made me realize that we can do such a little thing, yet it can effect and help soo many people!

 I remember the day that I got my first license. I was faced with the choice of being a Organ and Tissue Donor or not. My Dad amazed me when he sat me down to discuss it. I thought for sure that he would tell me I HAD to be a Organ Donor, but it was quite the opposite. He told me what would happen with my organs and tissue if I chose to be a donor, and that it would save so many people's lives. He also told me that it was MY choice, I didn't HAVE to be a donor if I didn't want to, and he would be proud of whatever decision I made. Coming from a Man whose life was saved from Organ Donation, I was seriously impressed. Haha call it reverse psychology, or whatever but it really made me think.I then realized that the main reason holding me back from wanting to give my organs away was I didn't want to look different after I died when my loved ones saw me in my casket, this thought kept overwhelming me. Then it hit me, I was putting my selfish thoughts and wants above anyone else. If the last thing I can do on this earth is give the gift of life, then that is what I want to do. Therefore I AM a Organ Donor, and proud of it!


 If it wasn't for Jerryd Clutter, my Dad would not be with us today. Dad has lived to see all of his kids get baptized, 3 kids get married (in the temple), Jason go on a Mission (and return home), 3 grand-babies: born and blessed, 4 of us graduate from High School, 3 graduate from college, and Jayme make it to Young Womens/ High school (soon :) ). There is so much that he would have not been here for, if it hadn't been for the Clutter family willing to say yes to the life of another. So THANK YOU Clutter Family! You have been the biggest blessing in our lives today! I hope that anyone who reads this post can look at your lives and realize how important Organ Donation is, give the gift of life! 

 My Hero.

So grateful he could be there on the best day of my life!

GrandKiddos! 

12 Years later....Family 2013

For more info on Organ Donation visit: http://www.yesidaho.org/ for Idaho or http://www.yesutah.org/ for Utah (Obviously..) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment